A full two days putting together the video for Mom's service. Pete is doing a beautiful job and we've chosen some of Mom's favourite music for it. Lots of her stories -- both funny and touching.
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and all of the family. My heart attack has stolen alot of childhood memories but I remember the last two birthday parties that our two families were together and I remember how fond Mom was of your Mom. She was a wonderful woman with a great attitude. I'm sure she a...nd mom are looking down on us with smiles on their faces and boots at the ready to kick our behinds if we need it...lol. God Bless
My condolences. Im sorry for your loss, you were so close to your Mom. Find peace in knowing there is a new star shinning in the sky, and she is with her beloved Husband ♥ My thoughts are with you and your family.
So sorry to hear the news. I have many fond memories of your mom (and dad). Your mom was so beautiful and sweet. Her eyes twinkled. I am thinking of you!
I wish that we could all be there....Sending all of you and your mom, much love and memories.....Mark, Lorna, Ella and Georgia...and Michelle, May and Jack....( the west coast fortins)
My deepest condolences on the passing of your mother, Holly. Mr. Massie used to tell my class stories about the three of you and one could really tell she meant a lot to the both of you. Best wishes to you both.
Holly sorry to hear about your Mom,I had a real love and respect for your Mom and I'll miss her but I believe that she at peace. I am not sure I'll be able to go down,I'll try but. Any way God bless you both and may he shed his love and peace in your home... Jack
Sending all our love and support to the whole family . We are remembering the last time we spent with Grandma; looking at family photos, sharing stories from the past, and then going out for dinner. Her eyes were still sparkling and her sense of humour was as witty as ever. Sorry we cannot be there for the service but ...so glad we were always able to see Grandma when were East for a visit and when Grandma and Auntie Gail came out West. We had a few really fun days with her then and lots of chuckles. Love you Grandma, rest in peace. Loads of hugs and kisses from your first born grandchild . Mark and Diana Fortin (Vancouver Island)
My fondest memories of grandma are that no matter how many people were in the room if she was talking to you you felt like you were the only one there and she always made me feel like a little girl even into my thirties
I MISS YOU AGREAT DEAL..I would look forward to the days I got to see you. I enjoyed are talks and our baking times. You are in my heart and on my mind every day as you will continue to be. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS YVONNE TURNER YOUR FRIEND
Hey grandma, sorry the first time in forever I got to visit you is now, but I just wanted you on your computer up there to know that I have always loved you, and will continue to do so.
They say that mother-in-laws can be interfering people but mine was the most loving gentle person you could ever meet. Her simpleness and gentleness made everyone love her. I will miss mom very much. Julie
Mom always read to me -- it was the most important thing -- the love of reading and writing and words. Poetry, novels, stories -- the story of my life. She hardley had any schooling yetr she got me ready for school. She always looked pretty -- with the white Camelias in her hair. I will miss you and look forward to seeing you again. Gaily
My funniest memory of Great Grandma Nina, was when i was about 5 or 6 all of the family was at their anniversary, im not too sure if it was their 50th or something close to it. But i remember Great Grampa saying to Great Grandma "Hey so wheres my preasent from you?" (sarcastically) and she turned to him and said "You'll get that later tonight" and the whole room exploded with laughter. I'll miss you Great Grandma, i wish i saw you more recently. I love you always. -Johnny
You were always a loving great healthy person, Loved spending time with us as we were young to old, always there when something was wrong. Your going to be forever loved and always carried on in our hearts,
I KNOW YOUR WITH YOUR HUSBAND NOW AND EVERYTHING IS LIKE HOW IT WAS WHEN YOU TWO FIRST MET. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SMILE AND WATCHING MW AND HAVING FUN WITH ME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU YOU WILL LIVE ON IN MY HEART FOREVER. I LOVE YOU XOXOXOX
One of the memories I have of grandma is that we share a quirky reaction to the first sips of a glass of wine, that nobody else shares, and nobody really believed it is an ache at the base of our necks. I smiled when I heard her say it too. Long story short I miss you.
I remember the one time while we were performing downtown and in mid-routine I slid accross the stage...right into your leg as you sat in the front row. Always a great supporter of all of us :)
Well, Mom, today's your day -- we're all here to say goodbye and there are so many people -- a testament to your love and beautiful soul. Everyone who couldn't make it sent their love and wished they could be here. It's going to be a celebration of your life and I know that you would have loved the way it has turned out. Clark will sing and I know you will hear him. I don't know what I'm going to say, since nothing would ever be enough to express my love for you, but I have to try. Anyway, I have to go now and I'll see you. Love you with all my heart, your baby, Holly xxxooo
Grama what can I say..You were the heart and the glue of our family. Always at the family functions happy to be there to share a hug or a story and some time. I will muss your joy, smile and your warmth. I know you are Happy up there with Grampa. Love always. Loriexo
I will miss you so much. I have always tried to live my life like you, will unconditional love. You always made me feel special. You were the most loving, kind compasionate woman I new. I still hold my raggiding ann Doll close to my heart. I will never forget you. Love Judy
So sorry to hear about Auntie Nina's crossing over. I didn't get to see your Mom very often but I found she had a loving energy about her and I always felt great when I got to see her. I will remember her with a smile and warmth in my heart. You and Pete are in my thoughts, take care of yourselves.
In the early thirties (c - 1935) Nina and Walter were moving into the house beside us in Noranda. We all helped to clean it up as Christmas was coming. Walter built a "fireplace" out of sticks and brick paper. It was great and Nina helped to decorate it. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I haad ever seen. She also had a great smile and laughed a lot.
Move ahead to about 2008 at Bill's 90th and I watched Nina and realized how little she had changed. She still had that face and that smile.
That is how I want to remember her...
Sorry I can't be there for the service, but I willl be thinking of her and Walter.
Holly, I loved your mom, Nina, oh so very much! She took me as I am! The memories, I'll never forget! God bless you both, Holly and Peter. God bless Nina -- may she rest in peace!
A full two days putting together the video for Mom's service. Pete is doing a beautiful job and we've chosen some of Mom's favourite music for it. Lots of her stories -- both funny and touching.
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much mom.
ReplyDeletelove Pete
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and all of the family. My heart attack has stolen alot of childhood memories but I remember the last two birthday parties that our two families were together and I remember how fond Mom was of your Mom. She was a wonderful woman with a great attitude. I'm sure she a...nd mom are looking down on us with smiles on their faces and boots at the ready to kick our behinds if we need it...lol. God Bless
ReplyDeletelove you always grama ♥
ReplyDeleteI won't be able to come but I am sending you tons of love, hugs, prayers and positive thoughts.
ReplyDeleteMy heartfelt condolences. I am in awe with the peacefulness and grace with which you embrace the inevitable. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI just can't seem find the right words, but know that I am sending you positive and loving energy. Keep on keeping on.
ReplyDeleteMy condolences.
ReplyDeleteIm sorry for your loss, you were so close to your Mom.
Find peace in knowing there is a new star shinning in the sky, and she is with her beloved Husband ♥
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Holly - 2 days ago
ReplyDeleteI miss my beautiful Mom -- I wake up with her face in my thoughts and go to sleep with her kiss on my cheek.
Hi Holly, my mom and I are thinking about you and remembering your mom - she was so llvely....
ReplyDeletebe well
So sorry to hear the news. I have many fond memories of your mom (and dad). Your mom was so beautiful and sweet. Her eyes twinkled. I am thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI wish that we could all be there....Sending all of you and your mom, much love and memories.....Mark, Lorna, Ella and Georgia...and Michelle, May and Jack....( the west coast fortins)
ReplyDeleteMy deepest condolences on the passing of your mother, Holly. Mr. Massie used to tell my class stories about the three of you and one could really tell she meant a lot to the both of you. Best wishes to you both.
ReplyDeleteWe'll all miss her. I have some very fond memories of your mom. My thoughts are with you and Pete. Condolences.
ReplyDeleteAlthough it has been many years, both Steve and I remember your mother very fondly. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that Holly. My condolences to you and Pete. She was truly an awesome lady.
ReplyDeleteMy condolences to you, Pete, and your family. She was a sweetheart and I loved seeing her smile in the audience.
ReplyDeleteHolly sorry to hear about your Mom,I had a real love and respect for your Mom and I'll miss her but I believe that she at peace. I am not sure I'll be able to go down,I'll try but. Any way God bless you both and may he shed his love and peace in your home... Jack
ReplyDeleteSending all our love and support to the whole family . We are remembering the last time we spent with Grandma; looking at family photos, sharing stories from the past, and then going out for dinner. Her eyes were still sparkling and her sense of humour was as witty as ever. Sorry we cannot be there for the service but ...so glad we were always able to see Grandma when were East for a visit and when Grandma and Auntie Gail came out West. We had a few really fun days with her then and lots of chuckles.
ReplyDeleteLove you Grandma, rest in peace. Loads of hugs and kisses from your first born grandchild .
Mark and Diana Fortin (Vancouver Island)
My fondest memories of grandma are that no matter how many people were in the room if she was talking to you you felt like you were the only one there and she always made me feel like a little girl even into my thirties
ReplyDeleteI MISS YOU AGREAT DEAL..I would look forward to the days I got to see you. I enjoyed are talks and our baking times. You are in my heart and on my mind every day as you will continue to be. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS
ReplyDeleteYVONNE TURNER YOUR FRIEND
Hey grandma, sorry the first time in forever I got to visit you is now, but I just wanted you on your computer up there to know that I have always loved you, and will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Isak.
They say that mother-in-laws can be interfering people but mine was the most loving gentle person you could ever meet. Her simpleness and gentleness made everyone love her. I will miss mom very much. Julie
ReplyDeleteThis is the truth -- No matter how old you are, you still need your Mommy. I love you and I'll always miss you.
ReplyDeleteSumie
Thanks for taking care of me when I was as baby and my Mom couldn't. She thinks that's why I am so awesome now. She's biased though, being my Mom.
ReplyDeleteLove
Rob
Mom always read to me -- it was the most important thing -- the love of reading and writing and words. Poetry, novels, stories -- the story of my life.
ReplyDeleteShe hardley had any schooling yetr she got me ready for school.
She always looked pretty -- with the white Camelias in her hair.
I will miss you and look forward to seeing you again.
Gaily
My funniest memory of Great Grandma Nina, was when i was about 5 or 6 all of the family was at their anniversary, im not too sure if it was their 50th or something close to it. But i remember Great Grampa saying to Great Grandma "Hey so wheres my preasent from you?" (sarcastically) and she turned to him and said "You'll get that later tonight" and the whole room exploded with laughter.
ReplyDeleteI'll miss you Great Grandma, i wish i saw you more recently. I love you always.
-Johnny
You were always a loving great healthy person, Loved spending time with us as we were young to old, always there when something was wrong. Your going to be forever loved and always carried on in our hearts,
ReplyDeleteLove Always
Kirky
YOU WILL MAKE THEM SMILE IN HEAVEN!
ReplyDeleteJANIS & LEN WIEBE
I KNOW YOUR WITH YOUR HUSBAND NOW AND EVERYTHING IS LIKE HOW IT WAS WHEN YOU TWO FIRST MET. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SMILE AND WATCHING MW AND HAVING FUN WITH ME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU YOU WILL LIVE ON IN MY HEART FOREVER. I LOVE YOU XOXOXOX
ReplyDeleteSunni Amanda Dominique "Bunny"
One of the memories I have of grandma is that we share a quirky reaction to the first sips of a glass of wine, that nobody else shares, and nobody really believed it is an ache at the base of our necks. I smiled when I heard her say it too. Long story short I miss you.
ReplyDeletemandy
I loved our visits at the church and ther was always a smile a hug and exceptance when i came. i will miss you and never forget.
ReplyDeleteI remember the one time while we were performing downtown and in mid-routine I slid accross the stage...right into your leg as you sat in the front row. Always a great supporter of all of us :)
ReplyDeleteGoodbye to grandma Nina. We loved you, and god bless you.
ReplyDeleteSue + Chuck
Well, Mom, today's your day -- we're all here to say goodbye and there are so many people -- a testament to your love and beautiful soul. Everyone who couldn't make it sent their love and wished they could be here. It's going to be a celebration of your life and I know that you would have loved the way it has turned out. Clark will sing and I know you will hear him. I don't know what I'm going to say, since nothing would ever be enough to express my love for you, but I have to try. Anyway, I have to go now and I'll see you.
ReplyDeleteLove you with all my heart,
your baby,
Holly xxxooo
Grama what can I say..You were the heart and the glue of our family. Always at the family functions happy to be there to share a hug or a story and some time. I will muss your joy, smile and your warmth. I know you are Happy up there with Grampa. Love always. Loriexo
ReplyDeleteDear Grama
ReplyDeleteI will miss you so much. I have always tried to live my life like you, will unconditional love. You always made me feel special. You were the most loving, kind compasionate woman I new. I still hold my raggiding ann Doll close to my heart. I will never forget you. Love Judy
Nina was a sweet lady, her smile was the best. She always made you feel welcome. Safe journey Nina. XO
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about Auntie Nina's crossing over. I didn't get to see your Mom very often but I found she had a loving energy about her and I always felt great when I got to see her. I will remember her with a smile and warmth in my heart. You and Pete are in my thoughts, take care of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteIn the early thirties (c - 1935) Nina and Walter were moving into the house beside us in Noranda. We all helped to clean it up as Christmas was coming. Walter built a "fireplace" out of sticks and brick paper. It was great and Nina helped to decorate it. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I haad ever seen. She also had a great smile and laughed a lot.
ReplyDeleteMove ahead to about 2008 at Bill's 90th and I watched Nina and realized how little she had changed. She still had that face and that smile.
That is how I want to remember her...
Sorry I can't be there for the service, but I willl be thinking of her and Walter.
Love to all,
Larry
She left us like a beautiful sunset in a cold season. Mom will live in our heart and memory.
ReplyDeleteAt every concert, I'll miss not seeing her in the first pew.
My condolences to you, Holly, Gail, Sue and all your family.
Denyse
Holly, I loved your mom, Nina, oh so very much! She took me as I am! The memories, I'll never forget! God bless you both, Holly and Peter. God bless Nina -- may she rest in peace!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Debbie, Carl and Kari Alexander Vierimaa
Dear Nina's Beloved family
ReplyDeleteShe will never be forgotten as the vibrant fun loving person she was, and thankfully lives on in all of you.